Library courses, workshops, and tutorials
The Library of Science offers taught courses for doctoral students, workshops, and teaching, and individual tutorials in information retrieval and scientific communication. We also provide introductions for new employees of Lund University.
Taught courses for doctoral students
The Library of Science offers two taught courses for doctoral students.
- How to take care of your data: Introduction to practical data management – nateko.lu.se
- Scientific Information Management – lth.se
Workshops and teaching
The Library of Science offers workshops and teaching for researchers and research groups in these areas:
- Database searches – Web of Science, BIOSIS, FSTA (Food Science & Technology Abstracts), GeoRef, Inspec, SciFinder, and Scopus
- Publication – Lund University’s research database LUCRIS, open access, Creative Commons licences, reference management, and reference management software such as Endnote
- Research data management – DMPRoadmap and data storage services
Support for research groups and principal investigators
The Library of Science can support research groups with information retrieval, scientific publishing, research data management, and bibliometric analyses. We can also help research groups source support from the faculty and from Lund University Research Services. Contact us for tailored support for your research group.
Introductions for new employees
Every department has an introductory course for doctoral students and Library of Science librarians teach a variety of course components.
The Library of Science is happy to make all our research resources and support available to new research staff. The first step is to book a librarian.
anja [dot] zimmerman [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se
Physics- and Astronomy Library
annika [dot] nilsson [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se
britta [dot] smangs [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se
Library of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
kurt [dot] mattsson [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se