Publication and citation analysis
Publication and citation analysis, or bibliometrics, is the quantitative statistical analysis of scientific publications. It includes metrics to measure productivity using the number of publications, to measure impact using the number of citations, and to visualise subject structures and patterns of collaboration.
How we can help
The Library of Science can help by putting together bibliometric information to describe research structures at different levels, whether faculty, department, or research group:
- Research topics and subject structure in publications (keywords, titles, and abstracts).
- Collaboration patterns within organisations or groups.
- Collaborations with other higher education institutions.
- Publication statistics and citation data such as articles published per year, articles per journal, or the number of articles per citation class or impact factor (IF) range.
- The h-index or total number of citations, most cited publications, and scientific impact as citations per paper (CPP) at the individual level.
Contact Anja Ödman (Biology Library and Geolibrary) or Kurt Mattsson (Astronomy Library, Physics Library, and Library of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering) to discuss bibliometric analysis and how we can help.
Please contact us in good time before you need the results, so that we can schedule time for the analysis and make sure that it does not conflict with our other activities.
Compile data and reports in LUCRIS
Using the LUCRIS research database you can compile standardised research reports and statistics for publications and research at the departmental, group, or project levels. Reports extracted from LUCRIS can be used for bibliometric analysis.
Anyone can search and find information in LUCRIS, but special authorisation is required to extract reports. The Library of Science has been authorised to do so and can produce reports on request.
Contact Anja Zimmerman for help with LUCRIS reports.
Responsible for bibliometrics at the Biology Library and the Geolibrary.
anja [dot] zimmerman [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 76 139 17 01
Responsible for bibliometrics at the Library of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, the Astronomy Library, and the Physics Library .
kurt [dot] mattsson [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se
Telephone: +46 79 063 08 23