Research data management costs
There are various costs associated with data management. Be aware of the costs from the outset and to earmark the project funds you will need to pay them.
Among the likely costs are:
- Ethical reviews
- Staff to manage the research data (data manager, research engineer)
- Labour (describing and organising data, data de-identification, etc.)
- Software (licences)
- Storage space for large datasets
- Secure storage of personal data and other sensitive data (secure servers, security containers)
- Data-sharing in a database (some databases charge a fee)
- The project’s own database or website (to include maintenance costs when the project is completed)
Responsible for research data at the Biology Library and the Geolibrary.
anja [dot] odman [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se
Phone: +46 76 139 17 01
Responsible for research data at the Physics- and Astronomy Library and Library of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
kurt [dot] mattsson [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se
Phone: +46 79 063 08 23